Tuesday, January 01, 2008

What a dramatic night.

OH MY GOODESS.

I was bored so I went to look at the past 2 New Year entries. This year's entry will be soooooooo much more dramatic in comparison. Before I tell my "lost-my-handphone-but-was eventually-retrieved" story, I just wanna say a big Happy New Year to everybody!

Met up with Xiao Wen and An Li for some shopping... took the whole afternoon! Shall elaborate bout it some other time! After that, I was supposed to meet Piggy in PS for dinner. But wahhhh, Stacy suddenly msged to say that she was on the way to parkway. hahhahaa So eventually there was a change of plan... the 3 of us were at parkway... did a bit of window shopping, and then went over to Cold Storage to get some cake/cookie/brownie mix! And May was nice to offer us a lift to my house = ) Thanks May (and Ber too. hahha)

Ok i shall elaborate on our little, small but sweet, gathering in the next entry! Coz i'm itching to tell my story. So here goes!

Gotta go back to school tonight coz I have softball training tml morning. Had a lot of barang barang to bring back to hall so after I left house, I decided to do a bit of repacking at the bench below my house. ( I've no idea why I didn't do it at home. 1st WHY) So ok, after packing... i met my neighbour and her boyfren on my way to the bus stop. Walk walk walk .. then I discovered that my handphone wasn't with me. So oops, ok I wasn't panicking then, coz I tot in that span of ehhh... 2 mins, the phone will most likely be at the bench. I was just a bit pissed coz I was a bit late, and was carrying quite a lot of things. So I was scolding myself for being so forgetful and careless. I REMEMBER reminding myself to take the phone when I placed it on the bench. Ok it turned out that I only remember to remind myself, but not be reminded. DUMB. Oh and I met my neighbour's bf on the way back to my house. At that time I was contemplating whether to ask him if he saw my phone. But I din. 2nd WHY. (you'll see his role later)

Anyway, when it wasn't there... I was like.. shit. "Did I bring my phone down?" (I guess at that time I found it unbelievable that within that few mins someone would actually found my phone). So I went back home. Dialed my number.
Yay. "It was ringing. Got hope!" =)
OH MAN. "That person never pick up! Shit. OK nvm, maybe it's downstairs." = \

Then I dragged my bro down to accompany me to find my phone. Traced back my steps from the lift to the point I discovered my hp wasn't with me. Meanwhile, my phone was still ringing... meaning my phone wasn't off! At that point I was still feeling optimistic man.

Shit. No phone. Walked back to the lift. Checked the dustbin beside it. (coz I threw litter into the bin before I left). That would be the stupidest way to lose a phone. Ya but I checked it anyway. In case I was TAT dumb. No phone.

Took the lift up. Oh yay. MAYBE my neighbour has it? So I rang her doorbell. Spoke to her.
She saw a phone on the bench!!! = )
BUT she din take it coz she assumed the owner would come back to find it. And she din know the phone was mine anyway... = \

"OH MY GOD. IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!!" = ( (eh for those who have known me for some time... you know that I've replaced my phone quite a number of times due to reasons such as stolen phones. spoilt phones. lost phones. [Quite a number = I don't even recall the exact figure.] GULPZ.

- spoilt becoz of water bomb / swimming pool ... i think. damn bloody long time ago
- spoilt becoz the "antenna" was bent. put it in my pocket and sat down with it. bloody long time ago too. that time phones were still a little big and with that antenna-like thingy.
- stolen at padang while having a softball match. oh but i think i managed to retrieve this one. fren's fren saw someone opening my bag. ROAR~
- dropped at padang while watching some soccer match thingy.. world cup i think? england vs brazil?

Ok I can't remember whether there are more incidents. argh. Unbelievable. That's why I don't wanna carry expensive phones. I'm like the ultimate phone destroyer or sth. wahahhaha!

Anyway back to the story... so ok. I lost my phone. I was damn worried. What is my Dad going to saaaaaaaaaay = ( Then my house phone rang! I was a bit hopeful when it was my neighbour who called!

She said her bf saw someone taking the phone! Some old man! = ) (happy becoz there might be a possibility i know an old man from the estate?)
DARN. she din see. only her bf saw and he doesn't know the man. obviously... since he doesn't live around here. = (

sobs. ok so confirm gone already. call nobody pickup. i smsed using my bro's phone to ask for my phone back, with a "please". no reply. Then i spent the next 30 minutes emailing, msning and posting announcements in Friendster to inform everyone of my loss. =( SAD SAD SAD. No phone backup. SUPER DUPER bad time to lose my phone.

Anyway, after that my bro sent me back to hall. And like after 20 mins, my dad called. MY PHONE WAS FOUND!!~!!!~~~!! Unbelievable. It's like a big, mean New Year joke cannnnnnnn??? According to my dad, he said the person finally answered the phone and he arranged to collect the phone from that guy. 3rd WHY: What was he doing the whole time... didn't answr he numerous calls I've made initially... and picked up the phone in the end, after I was on my way back to hall!!!

I don't have answers to the above 3 WHYS. But nevertheless, I'm thankful. VERY thankful. One moment I was so damn bloody (pardon the language) suay. The next moment I feel that I'm pretty darn lucky.


So after this episode... I realised that I can't really do without a phone. Gee. Reliance on technology... and the moral of the story is.... back up your phone contacts. (my first resolution of the year) My 2nd resolution is to be more careful!!! argh. I'm unbelievably forgetful man. ARGH! I can't stand it. Slap me!

The End.

What a dramatic night. I hope 2008 won't be filled with such surprises and events. My heart won't be able to handle. Lol!

No comments: