Friday, May 29, 2009

Update!

I hope time passes a little slower! I don't wanna go back so soon! Coz going back means, I gotta find a job. Do up cover letters & resumes, and go for interviews. And wait and wait and wait for news. Not fun. Returning to Singapore also means no more nice, cool weather, no more nice, country-like beautiful houses. No more "riding down the road with Hampton Jitneyyyyyyy~". The only thing I miss from Sg is the people,and the food (hohoho, I got Sarah to bring me bak kut teh spices and kaya! lol)

Speaking of food... I ACTUALLY COOKED!!! Cooked meaning, no longer just plain rice and fried eggs etc. There was one day I was staring at the frozen chicken in my freezer. They had been there for some time so I decided to do something with it. Never prepared a chicken dish in my life, so I just decided to use whatever I can find in my kitchen and gut feel (I was too lazy to find recipes online). So the first chicken dish I prepared was just marinating the chicken in some sauce that we have at home, sugar and chopped garlic (the pepsi chicken not counted, coz that was taught by our Ah Tiong fren from the Philippines). My chicken actually smelt and tasted pretty good! wahahhaa! *pat myself on the shoulder* I dunno whether it's disgusting, but anyway I cooked rice using the water which I boiled my chicken in (not as nice smelling as chicken rice, but got some nice smell k!)

Today, another batch of chicken was staring at me (Ok, fine, I was staring at the chicken.) So I decided to have another chicken dish again. This time, I played with ginger! Taste pretty good in my opinion too! I chopped garlics, but dunno what to do with it after i finished chopping. LOL Also had a small bit of tomato left. So I decided to dump everything to cook with the rice. Still edible, and nice smelling, with a slight tinge of red! haha Cooking can be rather fun.

Work has been great, as usual! = ) Oh but I encounted sth very 'wah lau eh1' yesterday! There's the elderly woman who was panicking coz she needed to contact somebody but she forgot her phone. So she asked for my phone, which of course, I didn't refuse. She made several calls and finally got her stuff settled. I know one shouldn't expect anything in return but it is still very "WAH LAU" that that lady didn't offer anything! The least I had expected from her was an offer to reimburse me for my phone bills (My plan sucks. Not cheap! And she probably used bout 3 bucks or so, i dunno.) Small tip also can. Thank you note I also shuang. But nth man! (other than "thank you." but aiya.. still..)

So when I knew that she wasn't going to offer anything (coz I had finished collecting my fares, and trash, and she was sitting directly behind me...), I thought to myself that since she's a stranger and we don't know each other, it seems reasonable to ask for reimbursement for my bills. "No need to paiseh coz I am in buay-paiseh soil. Ok. Set." But then hor, I chickened out at the last minute. Coz when she was walking down from the bus, she looked old and fragile... So I just watch her walk away. WAH LAO!

Nevermind, I did a good deed. Kindness begets kindness! 好心有好报!

No comments: