HOHOHO.
It's funny.
Just yesterday I was wishing for more work to do.
Today I got my wish. But a bit too much to take at one go man! haha
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had nothing to do again in the morning... went on ebuddy to find pple to talk. haha! And guess what... I took a 2 hour lunch break!!! GULPZ. Feels guilty. Luckily I didn't have work to complete. hahaha Was with a group of temp staff and since today is the last day of the Swensen's 1-for-1 sundae deal... we went! Yah man. Hahaha Took a bus down just for ice-cream deal. Unbelievable.
But honestly, we didn't purposely tuo. There was a bit of queue... waited a while for the food to be served. And since we ordered so much, we took some time to eat also. I had sambal grilled fish. Comes with soup of the day, cup of coffee, and icecream + small piece of brownie. And then we bought the 1-for-1 sundae... HAHA. Fillllllling! Ended up paying $18... for lunch on a normal working day! haha
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh ya, back to my story. So after lunch.... I decided to ask my supervisor whether she has stuff for me to do. Discussed for a short while regarding my presentation later in the afternoon so I went to tidy up my slides. Then finally, it was time for my presentation. Luckily it was more like a meeting than a presentation. During the discussion with my supervisor and another colleague... it hit me that I have loads of preparation to do for the next few weeks!
My project requires me to update and then review certain terms, policies and procedures for this guidebook for employees who are posted overseas for their international assignment.
I feel a bit like a lost sheep coz apparently certain policies are not formally documented so there are certain issues with regard to the claims and reimbursements etc etc. To prevent myself from revealing any confi info, I shall just be brief.
Firstly, information is all over the place... So I need to find a way to contact different pple and seek their advice. The problem is... they seem busy most of the time... A bit paiseh to bother them leh.
Secondly... Some pple are still in the process of reviewing whatever they need to review. And I need these information to produce a revised and updated guidebook. I can't rush them right...
Thirdly... Most of the processes involved are pretty technical... which I have never been exposed to. For example personal income tax. I never pay before! haha! If the tax rates where the employee is posted to differs from Sg, do the posted employee claim back from the company for the tax difference... etc etc etc ... I don't know man! GULPZ.
I foresee a lot of readings to be done and long hours by the computer!
And when everything is more or less settled, I think I have to present to the Director or whoever is involved in this reviewing project. Deadline? In roughly two weeks I think? Oh my god!
I'm excited to have work to do. But the excitement is somewhat dampened by the ... i-feel-damn-lost-feeling. *breathe in deeply* wooohoooo! I shall take up the challenge sia!
Anyway, my Friday ended nicely. Met up with Eddie for dinner today. Left two poor souls coz the rest of my vj classmates had stuff on/ not in sg. I TRIED DURIAN CHEE CHEONG FUN!!! It's some place by the road in Somerset. The price is decent and I'm satisfied, coz no need to pay service charge! haha! Plus I was a bit on budget after my fulfiling lunch. Anyway the durian chee cheong fun wasn't fantastic becoz I prefer durian on its own... But ok lah, try for fun. Quite interesting. I will try the mango and strawberry one someday.
YAY! Weekend!!! Badminton on Sunday with ah ma! = )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha! DURIAN CHEE CHEONG FUN!!! sounds cool! :)
Post a Comment